Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Happy New Year to all....
Time really flies... it seems just yesterday when i celebrated 2009.... and in a jiffy its gone and we are in a brand new year... Let us look at 2009 for one last time before we move forward... 2009 was a year when----
- India proved it's mettle in fighting the economic slowdown. It is poised for a 7-7.5 % growth..way ahead of the developed nations
- India became the World's best Team in Test cricket
- Sachin "Master Blaster' Tendulkar completed 20 Years in International Cricket
- Ramaling Raju became the face of biggest Scam of Corporate India
- Deepak Parikh and his Team emerged as saviour's of Satyam's reputation and reemergence as a Software companny to reckon
- The HINI Flu was declared a worldwide pandemic
- Slumdog Millionaire bagged 8 Oscers, one of the highest for any movie
- Bandra Worli sealink was inaugurated
- Kasab became vegetarian
- 3idiots created history
- Calcutta witnessed the coldest winter of the decade
So that was quiet something and my life was not untouched as well.... here is a not so long list of my gains and things i would have definitely done without last year....
- A much deserved and awaited promotion with a decent hike in tight recession situation
- Increased responsibilty at work with a decent incentive
- Lost money in a mutual fund
- Broke my heart twice
- Lost a very close friend (but not to death)
- Made a couple of new friends
- Enjoyed 3IDIOTS
Now that i have bade the year final farewell, its time to look forward and one thing which i shall strive to do much more this year would be some serious blogging.... In case you are wondering, this is not a resolution.....
Happy New year once again.... Let's RoCk!!!!